Sterling Boiler is currently hiring for the following positions:
Construction Project Scheduler
Sterling Boiler & Mechanical, Inc. (SBMI) currently has an opening for the position of a Construction Project Scheduler providing scheduling, progress monitoring and schedule updates at our jobsite located in Carrol County, OH (approximately 2-3 year duration), and continuing long term employment with SBMI following project completion.
Sterling Boiler & Mechanical, Inc. (SBMI) currently has an opening for the position of a Buyer.
• Responsible for carrying out policies and procedures put in place to ensure the Purchasing process is streamlined and efficient.
• Prepare and enter purchase orders.
• Request and evaluate vendor quotes.
• Negotiate purchase agreements with vendors to obtain best pricing.
• Monitor jobsite purchases to ensure our preferred vendors are being utilized.
• Alert jobsites of changes in pricing or product availability.
• Write subcontracts, ensure contracts are executed properly and enter them into the accounting system.
• Collect vendor rates and update internal documents.
• Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and approving all field office supplies and equipment, as well as ordering office and printing supplies for all office locations.
• Arrange and track all vehicle rentals.
• Make hotel and air travel reservations for employees.
• Research, negotiate and select new office equipment and furniture for all office and field locations.
• Schedule and track all maintenance and maintenance agreements for all office equipment.
• Establish and maintain contracts for building maintenance, elevator inspection, fire inspection, pest control, janitorial services, security system, lawn and garden services and other general maintenance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field.
• 3+ years of experience in Purchasing.
• Strong communication skills, oral, written and interpersonal.
• Strong computer skills, with proficiency using Microsoft Office, along with the ability to create and maintain complex analysis reports in spreadsheets.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with associates, supervisors and vendors at every level.