Vendor Payment Requirements
This list is not all inclusive and contractual provisions or other requirements/circumstances may require additional information to be provided.
Before payment can be processed, a vendor must be setup in our system.
The first step is for a material/commodity vendor to complete our online registration form located on our website at: www.sterlingboiler.com/vendorform
A subcontractor vendor needs to go to our online registration form located on our website at: www.sterlingboiler.com/subcontractor
There are four (4) essential requirements our employees and vendors must adhere to:
- Payments require an approved purchase order from SBMI and invoices must not exceed the authorized PO amount for any material or service invoiced.
- IF conditions arise that require additional monies for any material or service, a PO Change Order must be processed and approved in advance.
- ALL end of project invoices must be received within 30 days of project completion or the vendor risks delayed or denied payment.
- A “proper” invoice and supporting documentation must be received by SBMI Accounts Payable.
Elements of a Proper Invoice
Each invoice presented by a vendor for payment must be clear and accurate and free from mathematical and quantity errors and contain the following elements to facilitate efficient and effective payment processing.
- Name of the vendor and “Remit to“ address
- Vendor invoice number and date
- Vendor contract contact name and phone number
- Valid Purchase Order number (*if applicable Change Order)
- Written description of goods/services delivered including part number, serial number, VIN as applicable
- Delivery date or service date
- Substituted items must have documented approval
- Quantity and unit price of item
- Extension on each line item
- Total Amount Due
- Payment Terms and Discount
- Shipping payment terms
Rental Vendor Requirements
In addition to the basic requirements detailed above, we have specific requirements for rental vendors. All vendors must submit to AP (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information upon initiation and termination of a rental agreement:
- Unit or serial number of the item(s) rented within 48 hours of delivery or pickup
- Description of the item
- Purchase order number associated with rental
- An estimate of costs such as freight, handling fees, expedited delivery fees, etc.
- Upon termination of rented items, an email must be generated and sent to AP stating the unit #, description, date, PO#, and bill of lading # and carrier used of returned items
- If item is returned using a common freight carrier, the bill of lading # of the return shipment should be included on the final invoice along with a copy of the bill of lading
- No item will be delivered or picked up for rental without a purchase order, vendors will not be paid for items rented without a PO
- Vendor will provide an inventory of all items on rent by location each month
Vendors Billing Time (temporary labor providers, sub-contractors)
- If billing for a lump sum job, it should be indicated on the invoice.
- If a job is being billed on time and material:
- Signed timesheets must be included
- Per diems listed on corresponding timesheet
- Material must be listed on invoice; appropriate receipts or invoices must be attached
- Consumables must be listed on the corresponding timesheet with appropriate signature
- Equipment changes must be listed on corresponding timesheet or work log for day and signed by a SBMI employee
How to get an invoice to us:
All invoices must be sent to email@example.com. If email capability is not available, invoices should be mailed to:PO Box 8004 Evansville, IN 47715
Statements should also be sent on a monthly basis to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed when applicable.
What is proper supporting documentation for an invoice?
Proper documentation will include timesheets signed by an SBMI employee; the name of the temporary or contract employee; delivery tickets where applicable and any other information made available to the biller to initiate invoicing by the vendor.